Belgrade, Serbia 2014

20141009


Hello friends! 

It has been quite a long time since my last post and I thought it was time for a new one. The reason I've been MIA is because I was extremely busy the last month before I went away for vacation that I just couldn't find the time to post any outfits. I had so much to do before I had to leave and felt especially stressed since I had a class to worry about as well. Once I went away I decided to just take the time off and enjoy my vacation with no obligations whatsoever. I know it's been a while guys, but I'm here to say I'm back!


I've been back from my vacation for over a month now so I thought it was fitting to show you guys some of my pics from Belgrade, Serbia. The majority of my family lives there so it was really great to see them and spend time with them, even if it was for a short while. I had an amazing time this year and made so many great memories, I miss it already... I've actually never cried about having to leave Serbia in past years but for some reason I got really emotional at the airport this year when we were saying goodbye to my grandma and uncle. I don't have the luxury of going to my grandma's house whenever I feel like it (I mean I could but it would be very expensive and take A LOT of time..) so if you are fortunate enough, please spend all the time you can with your family and loved ones. I would love to see my grandma everyday, I learn so much from her and it breaks my heart that we can't spend more time together... God, I'm going to get emotional just writing this... blah! 

Anyways, what I'm trying to say is that these yearly trips back home really make me appreciate how blessed I am to have all of these amazing individuals in my life, even those that are far away. Well, that is, far in distance but close to heart! And not just these individuals, but to have the opportunity to go away every summer and all the opportunities I am pursuing here, heck, even the ability to pursue my dreams is amazing and I am forever grateful. It's really easy to get sucked up in all the things we feel are missing in our lives, and what we wish would happen for us and basically just go on this 'woe-is-me' path, but the reality is nobody lives a perfect life and it's time to just embrace what you have and make the most of it.

I've had some time to reflect on my life this summer and I've come to the conclusion, if you want something you're the only person in the whole world who has the power to make it happen for you. You control your life. So make your dreams happen because that is what I intend to do... As the ever-beautiful and insanely talented Lupita Nyong'o beautifully stated in her forever memorable acceptance speech, "...no matter where you are from, your dreams are valid." XO

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011-2015 Haus of Leahh All rights reserved .ALL PUBLISHED PHOTOS AND TEXT ARE COPYRIGHT OF EMILIJA BARANAC UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE. PLEASE LINK BACK WHEN USING CONTENT FROM THIS BLOG. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger