You Don't Have to Use Your Charm

20130604

URBAN OUTFITTERS cardigan THE BAY blouse LOFT 82 pants TOPSHOP heels MARC JACOBS purse ZARA necklace FOREVER 21 ring ALDO silver ring

If you haven't heard of the store Loft 82 I would suggest checking them out. They have really nice, simplistic, excellent-quality clothing. I had been searching for a good pair of pants that were casual but that could be dressed up and I think these are a perfect fit. I love the detail of the draw-string and the pinched-in waist band, it's the small things that count! Also, I've got to add that these pants make my legs look longer and my butt looks booty-licious, so.. that's always a plus!

I've noticed working at Topshop that the customers are scared of combining different colors together, they think it might be too much. In some cases that might be true, but I don't think anyone should be scared to mix color, you've just got to know how to mix them in a tasteful way. I have 4 bold colors in this outfit: The top (neon green), the purse (cobalt blue), my lipstick (hot pink), and my nails (blood orange). I think the key to successfully combining different colors is carefully choosing where you place the colors. I would stick to a minimum of 2 bold colors in a larger context (the blouse and the purse) and then if I were to add more colors it would be in a smaller context (my lipstick and nails). The rest of the outfit would be paired with neutral colors so that the outfit isn't too busy or clashing. 

Once you nail the correct placement of colors in your outfits you'll be pulling together colorful outfits that are bold and stand out. Experiment with the pieces you have in your closet; try to put together pieces you would never imagine to put together and see what you can come up with. I'm always experimenting with my clothes and that's how I come up with some of my more outside-of-the-box outfits!


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011-2015 Haus of Leahh All rights reserved .ALL PUBLISHED PHOTOS AND TEXT ARE COPYRIGHT OF EMILIJA BARANAC UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE. PLEASE LINK BACK WHEN USING CONTENT FROM THIS BLOG. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger