Interview outfit #2

20130422

TALULA blouse VINTAGE GAP sweater vest HUDSON jeans JEFFREY CAMPBELL boots ZARA necklace MARC JACOBS purse

Today I had another interview for a clothing store (which again I will keep the name of the store a secret so I don't jinx myself!) and this was my outfit. I guess you could say I'm a little obsessed with layering tops with collar blouses and my leather jacket... But, I think this is the perfect outfit for an interview since it's professional looking but still very stylish. Also, I'd say it's unique I don't think most girls would dress like this which means I stood out in my interview which is always a good thing!

I know this is only my second job interview EVER, but here are some tips on how to prepare for an interview:
-Dress to impress. Seriously. Especially if you're going for an interview at a popular clothing store you have got to look your best and show that you know a thing or two about fashion. If you show up looking like a slob, chances are you won't be hired (I'm assuming!)
-Relax!! I'm not going to lie, I was a bit nervous for both my interviews but that's completely normal. Just make sure that once you walk into that interview room, you turn on your confidence and just be yourself. If you get really bad nerves find somewhere you can be alone, do a few breathing techniques, meditate, or do whatever you can to calm yourself down! If you can't form sentences because you're so nervous, that won't reflect well on your communication skills.
-Come on time and prepared. There is nothing that can make you look worse then arriving late and not having your resume ready or coming in flustered. I can probably guarantee you won't get the job if you arrive late, unless you're super lucky!
-Do your homework. Before you go into your interview make sure you research about the store or company you're going for an interview for. Make sure you familiarize yourself with all the brands the store carries, and as well know their current trends. These are questions you might be asked, and if not it's always good to know especially if you do end up getting a job there.

Those are just some of the things I've learned from my process of interviews but like I said, I've only been on 2 interviews so I still have so much more to learn! Please keep your fingers crossed for me!!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011-2015 Haus of Leahh All rights reserved .ALL PUBLISHED PHOTOS AND TEXT ARE COPYRIGHT OF EMILIJA BARANAC UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE. PLEASE LINK BACK WHEN USING CONTENT FROM THIS BLOG. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger