Now you're just somebody that I used to know

20120529



"We're graduating, and we know
Our lives will be different and new;
We're going out into the world,
Our goals and dreams to pursue.
But one thing will never, ever change,
As we go our seperate ways;
The friends we've made in school will be
Our friends for all our days.
The special ties and attachments we've made,
These bonds will never be broken;
We'll continue to feel that special bond,
Though words may not be spoken.
So it's not 'goodbye,' but rather 'farewell;...' "

By Joanna Fuchs


So... we graduated! No, we're not completely free yet, there's still 3 more weeks left of school, but we're getting there! I can't believe it's almost done. 5 years go by so fast, I literally remember the first day of school in grade 8. I was so eager to impress, I wore my nicest clothes, acted like I had all the confidence in the world, and my goal was to make so many new friends. Now... 5 years down the road, I realize highschool turned out to be so much more then that. Highschool has been a life lesson for me. I grew stronger as a person; I learned that people will hurt you, dissapoint you, anger you, but you just have to keep your head up high and keep smiling. Because whether or not you are willing to accept it, life goes on with or without you, and ulitmately it's up to you to decide what you want your future to be. 

That quote was on the back of the program for our Graduation Leaving Ceremony, I KNOW, how original am I. Anyways, I find that quote somewhat true. Yes, we will never forget the friendships and memories we made, but we all know that after highschool you just loose contact with so many people. I have gained and lost a lot of friends over the span of highschool, as much as that does hurt sometimes you start to realize that, that's life! I believe that everything happens for a reason. People come into your life to support you and make great memories with. People come into your life and hurt you to teach you to be stronger. People leave your life to show you that there other people out there that are more worthy of your friendship. And some people, the ones you realize count the most, stay in your life no matter how many difficult times you go through together, to reassure you that life is worth living. I have come to realize that I would much rather have a few amazing friends, then a lot of fake friends. My friend one said that "It's not the quality that counts, but the quantity", and I couldn't agree more.

We had 2 of our classmates go up to give a speech, and they asked us, if we had the chance to go back in time and tell our old selves something what would it be and what would we change. I would most DEFINITELY take that opportunity. What would I tell the 13 year old me? Well. Let's start off with the appearance. GO BUY A STRAIGHTNER AND LEARN TO PUT MAKE UP ON PROPERLY!!!!!! Looking back at my old pictures I am horrified. Who in their right mind let me go out in public like that. Imagine... A scrawny little girl... With big poofy hair...Braces...Pale skin.... And thick black eyeliner. YEAUP. That was me ya'll! Total embarrassment. ANYWAYS, the next thing I would tell myself is to not be so crazy over the idea of impressing people. I think you should always just be yourself, and if a person doesn't like it, then whatever! You should never change anything about yourself just to "fit in". OH. Another thing, girls hormones are all over the place. So I would suggest you don't shop at the same store as everyone else does, otherwise you will be labelled as "copying" them. Because, you know, the only thing you ever do in your spare time is obsess over what everyone else is wearing and then go on a big shopping spree and "copy" everyone. If you didn't catch on, that was me being sarcastic. But real talk, I believe a girl should wear whatever she feels like wearing and express herself! Unless... you like to be over exposed... then I suggest you don't unless you would like to be expelled and called certain names at school. But don't fret over what the most "popular" girl in the school is wearing, just wear what you like and own it loud and proud! The last thing I would tell myself is to not trust everyone. People can change in a split second. One minute they're nice to you, the next they want to rip your head off. It's life, I suppose, and there isn't much you can do, but keep moving forward. There is a reason they left your life, so let it be.

They say the highschool years are the best times of your life. I would strongly disagree as I had some of the worst years of my life. I try not to live life with any regrets, but if there is one thing I regret is that I didn't allow myself to just enjoy those 5 years. The pressure you get from your friends, teachers, family, work, homework, etc. builds up and you can start to loose your mind. If there is any last piece of advice I could give, it would be to just be happy. Be thankful for where you are, and the life you have been given. Be happy your alive, breathing, living. One of my favorite quotes from one of Alicia Keys's songs is : "I don't wanna forget the present is a gift
And I don't wanna take for granted the time you may have here with me
'Cause Lord only knows another day is not really guaranteed". It's true. Isn't there a new saying going around, that pretty much sums up this long paragraph? I think it's something along the lines of YOLO.

Congratulations to the graduating class of 2012. We made it :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

© 2011-2015 Haus of Leahh All rights reserved .ALL PUBLISHED PHOTOS AND TEXT ARE COPYRIGHT OF EMILIJA BARANAC UNLESS STATED OTHERWISE. PLEASE LINK BACK WHEN USING CONTENT FROM THIS BLOG. Design by Blog Milk Powered by Blogger